FLORENCE DE SILVA MEMORIAL TRUST FUND FOR CHILDREN
APSL Florence De Silva Memorial Trust Fund for children was launched in May 2019 to help children in Sri Lanka from a substantial donation from the last will of the Late Florence De Silva to be used exclusively for the benefit of children in Sri Lanka, especially to feed, provide clothing and educational upliftment.
During the past two years, the fund has donated for 28 projects totalling Rs. 2,749,738.00 to the benefit of children in Sri Lanka.
Ten APSL-Florence De Silva Scholarships have been offered including students affected by Easter Sunday attacks within the area of Katuwapitiya.
Other funded projects include:
- Providing equipment for Children Homes and Children Centres including dry rations and meals for pre-schools.
- Providing IT, Multi-Media and school music band equipment and improving facilities such as computer rooms, labs and libraries for schools. School essentials for children.
- Providing equipment for communication impaired children
- Improving the Paediatric Unit at Anuradhapura and Chilaw Hospitals
- Providing IT equipment for community centres for disadvantaged children
- Providing financial aid for basic needs for children affected by Covid 19.
The expansion of the isolation unit and colour wash of the Paediatric Ward at the District General Hospital, Chilaw
Essential resources to Maliyadhdha Primary School, Meepanawa, Udupussellawa
Donated two library cabinets, books, music instruments and sports equipment.